Job Category: Case Management
Job Type: PRN
Job Location: AL-Athens
Facility Type: Long-Term Acute Care
North Alabama Specialty Hospital in Athens is seeking a PRN Case Manager (RN, Social Worker, or LPN). The Case Manager’s primary function is to make readily available to the patient, their families and/or significant others, special services in order to facilitate adjustment of these individual’s continuity of care post discharge. The Case Manager oversees the effective coordination of admission and discharge planning, case communications, interdisciplinary team conferences, insurance relations and assurance through managed care systems, and verbal and written reporting. Assures regulations regarding patient rights are fulfilled. Must be an RN, LPN or a Social Worker.Apply Now
- RN, Social Worker or LPN
- Minimum of six months to one year of discharge planning experience preferred.
- If LPN, and no experience as above, supervision by RN/SW will be required during a 6-month * training period.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Additional languages desirable.
- Excellent time management skills; organized and able to prioritize
- Proficient computer skills.
- Possesses superb written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with colleagues and others
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple cases
- Able to organize and manage large amounts of files, schedules, dates, and information
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
North Alabama Specialty Hospital, located in Athens, Alabama is an acute care hospital that specializes in the management of complex medical needs.
Our mission is to return patients to their optimal level of well-being in the least restrictive medical environment. We accomplish this through a multi-disciplined approach that includes aggressive clinical and therapeutic interventions, as well as family involvement. Our high staff-to-patient ratio ensures individualized attention. Our nurses, therapists, and physicians work with each patient to obtain the best possible outcomes.
North Alabama Specialty Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.