Job Category: Nursing
Job Type: PRN
Job Location: NM-Albuquerque
Facility Type: Long-Term Acute Care
Shift Type (Clinical Positions): Weekend Shift
At AMG we offer our employees much more than just a job in the healthcare industry. We offer unique career opportunities for people who are called to make a healing difference in the lives of others and desire to be part of a team that makes a difference each day for our patients. We invite you to join our team and share your gifts and talents. In addition to market competitive pay rates and benefits in the Albuquerque market, you will have the opportunity to work for an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), as AMG is an employee owned company!
AMG Specialty Hospital – Albuquerque is part of the AMG Integrated Healthcare Management Hospital System – a Top-5 Post-Acute Care Hospital System. Our mission is an unyielding commitment to Patients, People, and the Pursuit of Healing. We believe our employees are the asset and heart of our organization. We are located in the heart of Albuquerque on the 3rd floor of Gibson Medical Center.
AMG Specialty Hospital – Albuquerque seeks a PRN Nurse Practitioner for Weekend Shifts. This position provides routine care and management of patients with complex chronic and acutely ill patients in collaboration with the supervising physician. The Practitioner provides treatment for the patients current medical diagnoses as well as promotion of wellness and prevention of complications. Performs patient care management, consultation, admission, accurate and timely history and physicals, develops and directs treatment plan, ordering and interpreting of appropriate diagnostic tests, performing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, prescribing medications timely discharge summaries, and assuring appropriate discharge planning and placement. Assesses patients for change in status and institutes appropriate interventions to manage the patient internally including necessary emergency interventions to stabilize the patient. Promotes evidence-based care guidelines including sedation management, thrombosis prophylaxis, central line management, ventilator management and ventilator associated event prevention. Oversees the patient’s length of stay and discharge goals. Serves as a health care resource, a leadership consultant, an interdisciplinary consultant, a case management consultant and a patient advocate.
Join our dynamic team and enjoy a career where you can make a difference with AMG Specialty Hospital – Albuquerque!Apply Now
- Maintains unencumbered, current New Mexico RN and ARNP licensure
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Attends facility P&T, Quality MEC at request of CEO
- Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Wear identification while on duty.
- Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicate the Mission and Vision, and models Values of the organization.
- Effectively and consistently communicates clinical and administrative directives to personnel and encourages
- Three to five years experience in patient care services and/or management desired but not required.
- The ability to demonstrate leadership ability, and the application of sound administrative principles
AMG Specialty Hospital – Albuquerque is a Long-Term Acute Care hospital that specializes in the management of complex medical needs.
Our mission is to return patients to their optimal level of well-being in the least restrictive medical environment. We accomplish this through a multi-disciplined approach that includes aggressive clinical and therapeutic interventions, as well as family involvement. Our high staff to patient ratio ensures individualized attention. Our nurses, therapists, and physicians work with each patient to obtain the best possible outcomes.
AMG Specialty Hospital – Albuquerque is an equal opportunity employer.