Job Category: Health Information Management
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Location: LA-Lafayette
Facility Type: Corporate
Shift Type (Clinical Positions): Day Shift
Acadiana Management Group, LLC dba AMG- Integrated Healthcare Management (AMG), an employee-owned company, is seeking a Full Time Regional Coder, home-based. Inpatient and/or LTACH/Inpatient Rehab coding experience is preferred. At a minimum, acute care coding experience would be required if there is no LTACH/Inpatient Rehab experience. Must be certified as an RHIT, RHIA, CCS, or CPC. The secure work area and internet access are required.
At AMG we offer our employees much more than just a job in the healthcare industry. We offer unique career opportunities for people who have a desire to be part of a team that contributes to making a difference each day for our patients. We invite you to join our team and share your gifts and talents. You will have the opportunity to work for an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), as AMG is an employee-owned company!
AMG was founded in 1999 and is a privately-owned provider of post-acute health care services, with 1 post-acute care hospitals (LTAC and IRF) and over 1,000 employees. Accounting, billing, coding, credentialing, payroll and human resources, and IT services are provided to our hospital facilities by AMG. Learn more about the quality care we provide by visiting our website at: amgihm.com.
AMG, Integrated Healthcare Management is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now
- RHIT/RHIA or Certified Coder (CCS, CPC) required
- Minimum of 2 years coding experience in LTAC or Acute Care, preferred.
- ICD-10-CM coding.
- Microsoft Excel & Microsoft outlook.
- Well organized
- Ability to work with limited direction and distraction
- Ability to Multi-task & Detail oriented.
- Perform ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS and CPT coding for multiple LTACHs.
- Review medical records and code clinical data such as diseases, operations, procedures, and therapies according to coding guidelines and facility-specific policies for multiple facilities
- Perform preliminary coding for potential admissions to the hospital based on the pre-admission evaluation.
- Perform initial and concurrent coding of all in-house patients and update diagnosis in information system as necessary according to facility policies.
- Perform discharge coding and complete abstract on all discharges according to billing policies.
- Initiate timely queries per coding ethics guidelines for any documentation clarification that is needed in the medical record.
- Work with case management on receiving procedures and procedure log timely.
- Update case management with all changes in DRG.
- Maintain daily communication and productivity log.
- Maintain open communication with the facility admission team
AMG is a hospital system committed to our patients, our people, and to the pursuit of healing. As a Top-5 Post-Acute hospital system, we’re known for excellence, integrity, community, and compassion.
Our mission is to return patients to their optimal level of well-being in the least restrictive medical environment. We accomplish this through a multi-disciplined approach that includes aggressive clinical and therapeutic interventions, as well as family involvement. Our high staff to patient ratio ensures individualized attention. Our nurses, therapists, and physicians work with each patient to obtain the best possible outcomes.
Acadiana Management Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.