WHAT IS A LTAC HOSPITAL?
LTAC stands for Long-Term Acute Care. LTAC Hospitals play a very important role in health care. Our hospital accommodates patients that often have very few alternative options. They are critically ill and/or have multi-system complications or failure which require hospitalization for and extended period of time. We specialize in long-term care and recovery times that many traditional acute care hospitals are not outfitted for.
Characteristics of an LTACH:
- The average length of stay is 25 days or longer.
- Individualized treatment plans carried out by multidisciplinary teams including physicians.
- Daily MD visits for all patients.
We treat each of our patients according to individualized plans with detailed case management. Our physcians are on-site daily to review progress and consult staff specialists.
On site services include:
- Vent Weaning / Respiratory Therapy 24/7
- Cardiac Monitoring
- Long Term Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care (vacs, grafts, flaps)
- Biomedical Debridement
- Nutritional Support (TPN)
- Medication Titration (Drips)
- Ancillary services (lab, radiology, etc.)
- Education for patient and family